1. Think of food as nourishment for your whole body and a way to improve your overall health.
2. Eat slowly. You will enjoy your food more and feel satisfied sooner thatn when you eat faster.
3. Do some form of exercise daily. Even a little activity sends your body the correct weight loss messages.
4. Make healthy eating part of your lifestyle. Diets and crash weight loss programs will put you on the yo-yo syndrome - an ineffective and dangerous course to take.
5. Stay away from diet pills. They leech your body of important nutrients, water and carbohydrates.
6. Try to eat several small meals throughout the day. Consider it "grazing".
7. Avoid late night eating.
8. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water keeps your kidneys and bowels working effeciently.
9. Keep coffee and caffeine drinks at a minimum. These throw your body into a "hi-low sugar" syndrome.
10. Do not skip meals, Getting "too hungry" tells your body to slow its metabolism.