A filling and nutritious breakfast using fresh ingredients and a great cold snack for later as well
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- canola cooking spray*
- 4 eggs
- 4 sheets wholemeal lavash bread*
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese*
- 50g baby spinach leaves, washed
Make this meal even healthier by using Tick approved ingredients
. *Products available with the Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Spray a non stick fry pan lightly with canola spray. Heat the pan, add the eggs and fry until done to your liking, remembering that they will cook further in the sandwich press.
2. While the eggs are cooking lay the lavash out on a clean surface. Divide the cream cheese among the four pieces and spread along the centre.
3. Top with the spinach, avocado, tomato and egg and season with pepper.
4. Roll up, then place in a ridged sandwich press and toast until crisp and heated through.
Recipe supplied by permission from the Heart Foundation as published on the Heart Foundation 'Healthy Eating Recipes' section at www.heartfoundation.org.au.